The CFO agenda
The CFO agenda. Today, the finance department has assumed a larger role in the life of the company. Once exclusively focussed on figures and reporting, now it is asked for insight and sparring when it comes to strategy and understanding of the business, profitability, productivity, compliance and other matters.
At Carve, we assist the CFO in addressing such requirements as:
- business analyses and Business Intelligence (BI) solutions, including choice of solution and implementation
- control models including the ‘balanced scorecard’ (BSC)
- cost management, including activity-based costing (ABC)
- budgeting and reporting
- compliance projects and Risk Management, e.g., CSR and Sarbanes-Oxley.
We also support the finance department as it evolves into a business partner for the rest of the organisation. This includes:
- organisation of the future financial function, including integration with the functions of other departments such as purchasing, IT and HR and the establishment of ‘Shared Services’
- ways in which the finance department can support the company in strategic development – not just with spreadsheets, but with improved skills and the necessary tools at its disposal.
Please contact Peter Rüsch Hansen to learn more about how we can help with the CFO agenda.